When: Any Time!
Where: Anywhere (through your internet connection)
Delve into the legacy of zero waste garments! We are now offering an on-demand version of our popular virtual class, “Zero Waste Legacy Sewing.” Join Liz Haywood as we take a look at three historic zero waste sewing patterns, and learn how you can use them today to make comfortable, beautiful garments. All three make good beginnings for developing new zero waste patterns sized for your measurements.
We’ll be examining the bog coat (Bronze Age Western Europe), the Eura dress (Viking era Finland) and a Square Cut Men’s Shirt (Regency era England).
This class includes:
– Comprehensive videos on making each garment’s paper model
– Liz’ summary of the historical background for each garment and introduction to Zero Waste garment cutting
– **New in February 2023** Adding pockets to the Eura Dress
– Printable handouts with detailed diagrams of each garment
– Further resources and links