When: Tuesday April 19 and Tuesday April 26 from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm Eastern Time
Where: Anywhere, through Zoom.
Cost: $75/ student
Note on refunds: Refunds are not offered for this class. Students who miss a live class are encouraged to review the recording and feel free to ask questions. Jennifer is a responsive, supportive teacher.
Join us with Jennifer Stern for the Shirt Jacket Workshop! This workshop teaches how to construct an oversized button down shirt that can be made from heavier weight fabrics like fleece or lighter weight fabrics like flannel or chambray denim. The class will focus on shirt construction details of the collar, placket and cuff.
This is a unisex pattern, the sleeves are off the shoulder with no bust dart & a boxy fit. Jennifer will demonstrate how to take it in to create shape in the waist if desired. Sizing ranges from XS – 4 XL.
- Shirt Jacket pattern and instructions.
- PDF version is included with registration
- Printed pattern is $15 plus shipping: we will send you a coupon code for this reduced rate
- Refer to the pattern measurement chart to pick out your size, yardage requirements, suggested fabrics and notions.
- You can sew this shirt on your sewing machine and clean finish edges on your serger. If you are using fleece and faux suede you do not need to clean finish edges.
For Tracing and Adjusting the Pattern
- Pattern Paper
- Clear 18” clear grid ruler & French Curve if you own one
- Scotch Tape
- Colored Pencils (we recommend at least three colors)
- Paper scissors or rotary cutter
About JenniferJennifer Stern Hasemann is the owner and designer at J Stern Designs. She has a solid background in pattern design and drafting, fit and construction. Her original line of fashion patterns features classic jeans, a cup-sized fitted shirt and a unique tee. Since then she’s added an Easy Fit and Sew Collection of knit garments, Stretch Jeans, Knit Jeans and Happy Pants (non-stretch pants pattern and fit workbook). Her focus is drafting flattering patterns with easy to follow instructions and fitting techniques. She loves to share a wide variety of sewing, serging, fitting and construction techniques via her J Stern Designs YouTube Channel where she currently has over 100 video tutorials. Additionally, she teaches online at Craftsy.com and Patternreview.com and in person around the country.