– Do you have clothes that spark so much joy for you that they need some repair?
– Do you want to establish or broaden your hand sewing skills?
– Do you wish you could have your favorite outfit in another fabric? Or in a different size?
– Do you have antique or vintage clothes you would like to copy so you can wear the style while preserving the original?
Come learn or practice classic clothing repair techniques for reviving your clothes!
We will also demonstrate and lead you through a simple technique for copying a garment without taking it apart.
This one-day class is geared towards beginning and intermediate sewing students.
Students may bring their own examples for consultation with our mending expert. Fabric samples, key materials, and examples of completed projects will be provided.
We will be in the conference room at the historic Congressional Cemetery, near the Stadium-Armory Metro stop.
Date: November 3, 2019
Time: 10AM to 4PM
Location: Conference room in the Congressional Cemetery Gate House
1801 E Street, Southeast, Washington, D.C. 20003
$150 for all registrations.
Registration will be open until the class is full (15 students).
Note: Some students have reported problems with the payment system when registering online. If your registration payment isn’t loading properly, please contact us directly at email@example.com or through the contact us page and let us know so we can help you and confirm your participation.
A minimum enrollment is needed to run this class.
Students will be notified by October 4, 2019 if the course is cancelled due to low enrollment.
Students should bring
- Packed lunch
- Basic sewing supplies (A range of notions will be available on site for sale)
- Up to two garments for consultation
- Please bring clean garments.
- Swatches will be provided to practice techniques.