Twins N Needles 2020: Focus on Fit will be on April 18-19, 2020.
Early bird registration for Focus on Fit will be $300/person until February 18, 2020 or until the course sells out.
From February 19, 2020 until April 18, 2020, any remaining registrations will be $350/ person.
Note: Some students have reported problems with the payment system when registering online. If your registration payment isn’t loading properly, please contact us directly at email@example.com or through the contact us page and let us know so we can help you and confirm your participation.
- Full weekend of sewing instruction (see topics below)
- DittoForm 3-D Body Scan and printed measurement report ($100 value)
- From J Stern designs: Happy Pants pattern, fit workbook, muslin, Grading for the Home Sewer Workbook, grading ruler, half scale pattern pieces, How to Adjust Non-Stretch Pattern for Stretch Fabric Workbook and tracing paper ($85 value)
- One of a kind, handmade pincushion brooch by Ashton Designs
- Entrance into door prizes (watch our Instagram and Facebook feeds for news on our door prizes)
A minimum enrollment is needed to run this class. Students will be notified by March 18, 2020 if the course is cancelled due to low enrollment.
This year’s sessions are appropriate for confident beginners and experienced sewists interested in improving their understanding of and use of fit in garments.
Our topics will include:
- Measuring to get the best fit and understanding your figure (any fabric)
- Essential Undergarments: Choosing/ adjusting patterns and tips for sewing panties (or underpants) that will become your favorites (stretch fabric)
- Making Pants that Fit You (woven fabric)
- Sizing patterns to Fit you (grading for any fabric)
- Adjusting a Non-Stretch Pattern for Stretch Fabric (stretch fabric)
Students will leave this weekend with: a completed pants fit muslin and adjusted pattern pieces ready to sew with, a set of grading rules with samples of graded patterns, essential tools to adjust patterns designed for woven fabrics to use knit fabrics, and their personalized Favorite Undergarments pattern. Students willing to do homework on Saturday night may leave with several pairs of their new favorite undergarments.
Your registration fee for this event includes a 3D body scan and a printed copy of the DittoForm measurement report. DittoForm has adapted their standard process to include the measurements you will use on Sunday in the grading classes. You will have the option (no obligation) to place an order for a DittoForm – to be delivered to your home within 6-8 weeks following the class. Orders placed that weekend will receive a $50 discount.
Please visit: https://dittoform.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Getting-Ready-for-Your-3D-Body-Scan.pdf for information on what students can expect from their free scanning session. Scans will be taken in private and students will have access to private changing facilities.
This event will be held at the Textile Center at 3000 University Ave, SE in Minneapolis, MN 55414. Situated near the confluence of the twin cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Textile Center is located in the Prospect Park neighborhood across the street from the Prospect Park Station of the METRO Green Line light rail.
More information on the location is posted at: https://textilecentermn.org/.
Those interested in attending the 20th Annual World’s Largest Textile Garage Sale and our event, tickets will be available for the April 17 Friday preview sale through the Textile Center. Please visit: https://textilecentermn.org/garagesale for more information.
7AM: Setup/ problem solving
8AM: Dittoform Measurements and Mannequins (Presentation)
8:30: Pattern Grading for the Home Sewer
10:30: (10 minute break)
12:30: Lunch, 45 minutes
1:15: How to Adjust a Non-Stretch Pattern for Stretch Fabric
10 minute break in the middle
5:15: Lara presentation on Your Favorite Underpants (45 minutes)
Adjourn/ cleanup at 6pm
7AM: Setup/ problem solving
8AM-9AM: Lara Sit and Sew on Your Favorite Underpants
9AM- 5PM: Happy Pants with lunch/ coffee breaks
5:00-6:30 Breakdown/ cleanup/ au revoir