Date(s) - 04/18/2020 - 04/19/2020
8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Following Gov. Tim Walz press conference declaring a peacetime state of emergency in Minnesota due to COVID-19, our host site in Minneapolis, the Textile Center, is closing to the public beginning March 15, through Sunday, April 5, 2020. Please note the following:
Registrations for all Textile Center classes taking place through the end of April have been suspended. Textile Center’s World’s Largest Textile Garage Sale (set for April 16 through April 18, 2020) will be postponed until June, with dates to be determined.
In light of this, we have decided to postpone the Focus on Fit event. We hope to be able to coordinate with the Textile Center to match the new Garage Sale dates in June.
Please let us know by 5pm on March 19, 2020 if:
1) You want to use your ticket as a deposit/ pre-sale on another Twins N Needles class, or
2) You would like to use your registration fee to confirm registration for the rescheduled Focus on Fit, or,
3) You want a full refund.
We have suspended our administration fees during this emergency, so refunds will be issued in full.
If we do not hear from you by March 19, 2020, we will fully refund your ticket.
Early bird registration for Focus on Fit will be $300/person until February 18, 2020 or until the course sells out.
- Full weekend of sewing instruction (see topics below)
- DittoForm 3-D Body Scan and printed measurement report ($100 value)
- Happy Pants pattern, fit workbook, muslin, grading/fit workbook, grading ruler, half scale pattern pieces, and paper ($65 value)
- One of a kind, handmade pincushion brooch by Ashton Designs
- Entrance into door prizes (watch our Instagram and Facebook feeds for news on our door prizes)
From February 19, 2020 until April 18, 2020, any remaining registrations will be $350/ person.
A minimum enrollment is needed to run this class. Students will be notified by March 18, 2020 if the course is cancelled due to low enrollment.
This year’s sessions are appropriate for confident beginners and experienced sewists interested in improving their understanding of and use of fit in garments.
Our topics will include:
- Measuring to get the best fit and understanding your figure (any fabric)
- Essential Undergarments: Choosing/ adjusting patterns and tips for sewing panties (or underpants) that will become your favorites (stretch fabric)
- Making Pants that Fit You (woven fabric)
- Sizing patterns to Fit you (grading for any fabric)
- Adjusting a Non-Stretch Pattern for Stretch Fabric (stretch fabric)
Students will leave this weekend with: a completed pants fit muslin and adjusted pattern pieces ready to sew with, a set of grading rules with samples of graded patterns, essential tools to adjust patterns designed for woven fabrics to use knit fabrics, and their personalized Favorite Undergarments pattern. Students willing to do homework on Saturday night may leave with several pairs of their new favorite undergarments.
Your registration fee for this event includes a 3D body scan and a printed copy of the DittoForm measurement report. DittoForm has adapted their standard process to include the measurements you will use on Sunday in the grading classes. You will have the option (no obligation) to place an order for a DittoForm – to be delivered to your home within 6-8 weeks following the class. Orders placed that weekend will receive a $50 discount.
Please visit: https://dittoform.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Getting-Ready-for-Your-3D-Body-Scan.pdf for information on what students can expect from their free scanning session. Scans will be taken in private and students will have access to private changing facilities.
Bookings are closed for this event.